NO/AIDS Task Force’s Housing Department is seeking a case manager for its Permanent Supportive Housing Program. The PSH case manager will provide supportive services to disabled individuals to ensure that they remain stably housed. It is a housing first program. The position is predominantly field work.
- Overall management of housing supports and services
- Conduct strength based assessment
- Develop, implement, monitor, evaluate and modify a person-centered housing support plan
- Make referrals to community-based services and work closely with other community service providers working with each tenant
- Assist in accessing and maintaining entitlements/benefits
- Advocate for needed services
- Assist tenants in meeting obligations of tenancy and assist tenants in problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Maintain assigned program records
- Assist other team members as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or other human services area; MSW, LMSW or LCSW preferred
- Minimum of one year of experience in effective provision of direct services to eligible populations
- Desire to work with a diverse population
- Demonstrated respect for individuals
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Must have sound interviewing and assessment skills and the ability to work effectively with clients of all socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to schedule work production to meet timelines with attention to detail.
- Must have current driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of car insurance to travel throughout the community as required.
- Experience working with mentally ill clients, and those struggling with substance abuse, preferred
- Experience working with Medicaid, preferred
To apply for this position, please fill out our online application for employment (preferred method) which allows you to upload a cover letter and resume at the end of the process.
You can also send your cover letter and resume with salary requirements via email to email@example.com or via postal mail to the below address:
Attn: Human Resources
NO/AIDS Task Force
2601 Tulane Ave., Suite 500
New Orleans, LA 70119
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.